Terms and Conditions
Behind the Wheel Driving School
***If you plan to take your drive test once you are at least 18 years old then you are not legally required to take Driver Education or Driver Training.
CONTRACT EXPIRES IN 12 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASE OF ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS
- Your contract starts from the day you enroll, not from the day you get your permit. Be sure to take your lessons within the specified amount of time. Do not let your contract expire. If you are unable to get your permit, call us before the expiration date so that we can give you an extension.
- All packages must be paid in full and in advance of the 1st lesson otherwise discounts will not be applied.
- All driving appointments made are confirmed on first call no matter which family member schedules the lesson. Driving lessons are first come, first serve. If you would like an earlier lesson than your already scheduled time, please request to be placed on a cancellation list.
- It is the customer’s sole responsibility to communicate driving lesson appointments with family members.
- If you cannot give us a 48 hour cancellation notice, you can make an arrangement to switch the lesson with another student. Please be aware that if the student does not show up for the lesson, you will be responsible for the cancellation fee. You will need to contact our office to let us know which student will be taking your lesson.
- All questions must be directed to the office. Driver instructors will refer you back to the office unless the question is about the student’s lesson performance.
- For specific lesson performance questions, please make sure that you contact us as soon as possible after the lesson.
- The student may be in the company car when purchasing gasoline from COSTCO. This will be part of the lesson and we will teach the students how to properly fuel the vehicle.
- If we are late picking up the student, the student will get the full 2 hours driving from pick up time. The lesson may sometimes go over two hours depending on traffic and how far the next student pickup address is.
- No one is allowed in our vehicles during driving lessons except for the students and instructors.
- At the end of a driving lesson, we pick up the next student before we drop off the current student. This is the only time that another student will be in the vehicle during the lesson.
- We teach students defensive driving. Their ability to learn within the six (6) hour period may vary depending on the student’s abilities. The DMV requires any minors taking the driving test to complete a minimum of 50 hours of driving before they can take the test. We urge parents to practice as much as possible with their children. See the DMV issued Parent-Teen Training Guide for reference.
- Safety first, always! Therefore, freeway driving is not mandatory and is left to the instructor’s discretion.
- Students/Parents/Guardians/Customers are responsible for any damage or graffiti caused by students, to our vehicles or property.
- No refunds for any used lessons.
- No refunds for the drive test package.
- Requirements for obtaining a permit or driver license are subject to change. For the latest requirements in attaining a permit or license, please visit the DMV website at: www.DMV.CA.Gov
- During our busier times, our first availability could be two weeks or more.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- For the safety and security of the students, instructors and others, there may or may not be video surveillance at the driving school and in company vehicles.
- Two hours of continual driving is a long time for any new driver to be on the road. For this reason, we may take up to 10 minutes to allow the student and instructor to get some relief and clear their heads so that they can continue to learn to drive safely.
- There is a minimum requirement to have at least 5 students to be enrolled in the In-Class Driver Education Course. If at least 5 students are not enrolled then the scheduled class can be cancelled and rescheduled for a later time.
YOU WILL BE CHARGED $75.00 fee
- for each remaining lesson(s) that is/are not completed within contractual time.
- if you do not have your permit at the time of pickup. It is illegal to drive without it.
- if you do not give the school a 48-hour prior notice to change, cancel, or reschedule your appointment. If you are ill, a doctor’s note is required to waive the fee.
Do not let your contract expire. If you’re UNABLE to get your permit, call us before the contract expiration date so we may give you an extension.
*YOU WILL BE CHARGED $25.00 fee For any duplicate certificate:
- DL 400B: Certificate of Completion of Drivers Education.
- DL 400C Certificate of Completion of Non-Classroom Drivers Education.
- OL 238: Certificate of Completion of Behind the Wheel Driver Training. Do not lose the certificates we issue you. Do not let the DMV keep them.
DRIVER TRAINING FEES:
I understand and agree that if I do not pay the discounted package fee in advance, I must pay for each driving lesson at full price. I further understand and agree that any and all purchases are non-refundable, except upon written request for early cancellation submitted no later than two weeks after signup. I am aware that I must pay a penalty of $75.00 for early cancellation as well as the full price for services, if any lessons were provided by BEHIND THE WHEEL DRIVING SCHOOL before cancellation. I am aware that I must pay a penalty of $25.00 for a mistaken online sign-up that must be cancelled within the same day.
I am aware that this contract expires in TWELVE MONTHS after purchase of any of our products Driver Training and or Driver Education. I understand and agree that I must pay a penalty of $75.00 for each driving lesson scheduled after contract expiration.
Will be met with a $75.00 fee plus any legal fees required to collect payment.
I am aware that it is illegal to take driving lessons without the proper learner’s permit issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. Therefore, I agree that if I fail to bring my learner’s permit with me to any driving lesson, that lesson will be rescheduled and I will be charged a rescheduling fee of $75.00.
48 HOUR NOTICE:
I understand that I must give a 48 hour notice to Behind the Wheel Driving School to reschedule or cancel any driving lesson, and that I must pay a fee of $75.00 for failure to do so. I also understand and agree that all rescheduling and cancellations must be arranged with the administrative office of Behind the Wheel Driving School and may not be coordinated with the instructors.
I am aware that BEHIND THE WHEEL DRIVING SCHOOL not only allows, but encourages students to exchange scheduled driving lessons with other students. When students are unable to attend a scheduled lesson, for whatever reason, this policy helps students and parents avoid penalties for late cancellation or late rescheduling.
The Department of Motor Vehicles does not require that Driver Training courses include driving on the freeway. I am aware that BEHIND THE WHEEL DRIVING SCHOOL adheres to a strict policy of safety first. Therefore, I understand and agree that instructors have sole discretion to whether any lesson will include driving on the freeway.
DRIVING TEST FEES:
I understand and agree that there is an additional fee for each driving test that I take and that there are no refunds for repeated tests. I further understand and agree that it is my responsibility to present proof (certificates), that I have had at least six hours of Driver Training to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
The student/parent/guardian understands and agrees that they are responsible for damages, including collisions that occur during drive tests while the student is in complete control of the vehicle WITHOUT a BEHIND THE WHEEL DRIVING SCHOOL instructor. The student/parent/guardian further understands and agrees that they are responsible for any damage, including graffiti, caused by the student to the driving school facilities/vehicles. The student/parent/guardian understands and agrees that the driving school is not responsible for personal belongings left by the student in its facilities or vehicles.
IN-CLASS DRIVER EDUCATION INTEGRATED PROGRAM:
Student/parent/guardian gives full consent to use the student license & assume responsibility for any liability for civil damages arising from the students driving while under the school supervision: After completing in-class driver education, the student will be eligible to receive a student license. We provide an INTEGRATED APPROACH TO DRIVER EDUCATION. We are fully certified to issue a state-approved Student License, which allows students to drive with a Driving Instructor before they earn their learner’s permit. The reason for this is to provide the student with actual driving experience to reinforce the theory they learned in class. If a student can apply what they have learned, the probability of them retaining that knowledge is greater. This course will be beneficial to students, assisting them in passing their DMV written test as well as learning to drive legally and safely. Moreover, this course will prepare the students so that they understand the answers, not because they have memorized them.
I am aware that BEHIND THE WHEEL DRIVING SCHOOL is committed to providing an environment free from discriminatory practices. Sexual harassment is a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Sexual Harassment includes any unwelcome sexual advance, request for sexual favors, or other verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a sexual nature or of a hostile nature. I understand that if I engage in sexual harassment directed at other students or at instructors, I may be subjected to discipline, up to and including expulsion. I further understand that all students and all instructors are required to report any sexual harassment by or of students.
I agree that any dispute arising out of this contract shall be resolved by binding arbitration if it has not previously been resolved by mediation or other dispute resolution procedure. I understand this includes any claims which I may make under the California Vehicle Code, the California Code of Regulations, the Education Code, or the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and various other state and federal laws.
Any customer who signs up agrees to all terms and conditions as explained in this contract.