Behind the Wheel Driving School was established in 1994 by the legendary driving instructor, Frank Zock. Since then, we have been family-owned and operated in Manhattan Beach in the same location.
We are fully licensed (#4471), bonded and insured. Our licensing was approved through the California Department of Motor Vehicles. View our license information:CLICK HERE
We provide lessons in all new model vehicles that are well-maintained.
Why do students continue to refer their friends and family to Behind the Wheel Driving School?
- All of our instructors are fully licensed with background checks.
- Our instructors teach in a calm and patient manner while using encouragement to provide postive reinforcement.
- We have been around for over 20 years.
- We will not put our students in a driving situation like the freeway until they are ready for it.
- We have experienced instructors that have been teaching for over 15 years.
- Our instructors receive continued training with new traffic laws, driving trends and effective methods of teaching driver safety.
- We have all new model vehicles from 2012 to newer.
- We pick up and drop off anywhere within our service area 7 days a week for no extra charge.
- All of our vehicles are properly maintained and are equipped with a dual gas and brake pedal.
- Most of our customers come to us from referrals, which proves that we have satisfied our previous customers.
- We strive to teach our students to drive legally and safely. Additionally, we provide helpful tips on how to pass the DMV drive test.
Here is what our previous customers have said about us:
5 Star Yelp Review from 03/11/2014 - (Click Here to read more)
5 Star Yelp Review from 06/09/2013 - (Click Here to read more)
5 Star Google Review from 2012 - (Click Here to read more)
Five Star Google Review from 8/15/2017 - (Click Here to read more)
1.) Driving Instructor #1: Mario Overall Experience with Him: Beyond excellent
Driving Instructor #2: Ama’da Overall Experience with Her: Beyond excellent
Driving Instructor #3: Javier Overall Experience with Him: Beyond excellent – Aspects of the Instructors’ Service that Stood Out: All three instructors were very nice, friendly, and calm. I had a great time learning how to be a much safer driver with all three instructors. All of them made me feel much more relaxed when I was originally very terrified of getting on the road.
2.) Receptionist: Yvette Overall Experience with Her: Beyond excellent – Aspect of the Receptionist’s Service that Stood Out: I really enjoyed how helpful, accommodating, and friendly Yvette was. I had only one week to get all of my driving lessons done before my test and she looked for all available appointments to try and fit everything into one week. Because of her help (and the instructors’ help), I was able to pass my driving test on the first try with only 3 errors. Yvette also calls students two days in advanced to let them know about their next scheduled class and what they should bring in order to avoid a cancellation fee.
3.) Overall Quality of Service I Received: Beyond excellent – I am beyond satisfied with the service I received. All of the working staff was very friendly. I did not feel like I was being treated differently. Behind the Wheel Driving School worked with my schedule to make sure I get my six hours done in the week that I had left while simultaneously preparing me for my driving test and I could not be more satisfied with the service. By far, they have provided me with the best service I have ever been given. I definitely recommend this place to people who are still looking for a driving school. Because of my satisfaction with this school, my parents have decided that they will enroll my brother here, which is very exciting to me. Thank you Behind the Wheel Driving School for teaching me the skills and attitude needed to drive safely so I can be collision and moving violation free for life. You have definitely achieved your goal.
Meet the BTW Team:CLICK HERE
Empowering our students by teaching them to develop a continued interest in improving their driver safety. We value living life in a mindful fully conscious way, by being courteous and thoughtful to others on and off of the road.
To teach our students to drive legally and safely to:
-Pass the written test to obtain a permit.
-Pass the drive test to obtain a license.
-Drive collision-free and moving violation free for life.
With these goals, we aspire to spread safety and positivity on the roads and beyond.
View Our Story in The Beach Reporter:CLICK HERE